Simplici Simply Lye Soap has been carefully formulated to thoroughly and gently cleanse the skin; it is great for shaving, and can be used face to toe. This is pure natural soap - completely free of added fragrances, colors and exfoliates. (If used as a face soap, please follow with a moisturizer.) This bar was formulated for sensitive skin, but has become our most general purpose soap - commonly used on poison ivy, and has found its way into many laundry soap and tub scrub recipes.
- Scent: This is an unscented bar, although some people say it smells like soap. As this bar continues to cure/age, it develops a stronger smell.
- Color: Fresh off the curing racks, this soap is white. As it continues to cure/age it develops a more creamy/yellow color.
- Texture: Smooth.
- Simplici artisan crafted, 4.5 ounce, cold-process bar soaps are long-lasting and have a great lather.
- Simplici palm free bar soaps lather great, are long-lasting and leave skin squeaky clean.
- Artisan crafted from sustainable ingredients & conscientiously packaged.
Directions: Wet, work into a thick lather with washrag, loofa, exfoliating mitt or directly on the skin. Thoroughly cleanse skin. Rinse.
Ingredients: lard*, coconut oil, lye** and white kaolin clay***.
* May contain citric acid, BHA, propyl gallate & EDTA
**Lye is sodium hydroxide and water. Lye is a catalyst to turn oil/fat into gentle soap and hydrating glycerin. It is completely used up in this process. There is no lye in the final product.
***NEW! White kaolin clay is now added as a natural color and scent scent stabilizer.
Posted by Catherine Fichtner on 20th Aug 2018
I love the Simply Lye and Charcoal soaps. They truly are fragrance free. Nearly every single soap on the market touted as fragrance free still has chemicals or scents that I'm allergic to. The Simply Lye is perfect for my family's sensitive skin and no one in my house is allergic to it! We don't stink like chemicals and additives when we use it. We just smell clean. Thank you for making a soap without extra junk. It is just soap.
Best. Soap. Ever
Posted by Crystal Wallace on 24th Apr 2018
My husband and I found this soap on vacation in Chattanooga, TN a few years ago. We love it! We had been looking for a soap like this forever. Just a simple, clean, soap, and we couldn't be more pleased with this product.